Bucharest, October 9, 2014 – SELEC granted awards to the law enforcement authorities from the Member States, as an appreciation for the successful cases using Center’s cooperation channels. SELEC Bi-annual Awards Committee decided to grant the following awards for the first semester of 2014:
– Operation ANIMA, a case in the field of migrants smuggling, involving the competent authorities from Hungary and Republic of Serbia, which led to the arrest of 14 persons in both countries (suspected of smuggling more than 50 migrants) and seizure of mobile phones, SIM cards, notes, approximately 3,000 EUR, firearms, ammunition and 3,011 boxes of cigarettes.
– Operation AVANTI, acase carried out by Hungary and Republic of Serbia in the field of migrants smuggling, which succeeded with the arrest of 15 person and apprehension of 33 illegal migrants.
– Operation BOSFOR, a drug trafficking case among Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Bulgaria, Montenegro and Republic of Serbia which conducted to the arrest of 20 persons and seizure of 7.325 kg of heroin.
– Operation WALKER II, a drug trafficking case involving the law enforcement authorities from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Croatia and Montenegro. The joint investigation resulted in the arrest of 33 persons and seizure of 130.5 kg of marijuana skunk.
– Operation THE ADVISER, in the field of migrants smuggling, between Hungary and Romania, with the following results: arrest of 7 persons, seizure of 200 fake passports, stamps, employment forms, dismantling counterfeiting lab in Romania, seizure of 18,000 EUR in cash and 83,432 EUR to be recovered from one of the perpetrators.
– Operation LADUT, adrug trafficking case developed by Republic of Bulgaria and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, which succeeded with the arrest of 12 persons and seizure of 1.5 kg of heroin and 22.7 kg of marijuana.